An acrylic reinforced, cement-based, flexible waterproof coating
Formerly MasterSeal 550M
MasterSeal 550 is a two-component, acrylic modified cement-based coating that requires only on-site mixing forming the ideal product to waterproof and resurface concrete, masonry, and most other construction materials. Simply applied by stiff brush, roller or trowel, it forms a waterproof, flexible coating.
MasterSeal 550 provides an effective barrier to waterborne salts and atmospheric gases. Fluid applied, MasterSeal 550 provides a hardwearing, seamless, waterproof membrane for roofs and foundation protection.
Where is MasterSeal 550 applied?
- To reface and even out variations in concrete surfaces
- As a waterproof lining for water retaining structures like water tanks, pools, reservoires, etc.
- For coating seawater channels
- Sealing and coating tie bar holes to ensure water tightness
- For waterproofing and protection against brackish water
- To provide foundation & retaining walls protection
- As a waterproof coating for roofs
- As a backing to marble and granite to prevent water ingress, and thus alleviate surface staining
- To provide protection to concrete surfaces from carbonation and chloride attack
- For use on pedestrian walkways in marine areas
What are the advantages of MasterSeal 550?
- A 1mm coating provides anti-carbonation cover equivalent to over 80cm of concrete
- Waterproof – resists up to 7 Bars (70 metre head) of pressure
- Excellent adhesion – bonds to porous and non-porous surfaces
- Non-toxic – suitable for contact with potable water
- Suitable for light pedestrian traffic
- Breathable – whilst repelling water, allows substrate to breathe
- High resistance to carbon dioxide and chloride ion diffusion
- Unlike conventional coatings, which require a 7-28 day cure of concrete, MasterSeal 550 can be applied to 24 hour old concrete, thereby giving immediate protection