A surface applied capillary waterproofing system for concrete and block work
Formerly: Masterseal 501
The MasterSeal 501 is a waterproofing coating that ensures the total and permanent solution to water leakage, ingress or seepage in concrete structures or any cementitious substrate.
The formation and development of insoluble crystals into water-bearing capillaries effectively blocks the further passage of water and ensures permanent water tightness for the life of the structure.
Where is MasterSeal 501 applied?
MasterSeal 501 is applied directly to concrete, blockwork or cement renders in areas where general waterproofing is required. In powder form, the product may be used as a dry shake on horizontal construction joints.
What are the advantages of MasterSeal 501?
- Provides total and permanent waterproofing properties, by becoming an integral part of the structure to which it is applied.
- Active ingredients will not delaminate, peel off or wear away
- Protects concrete and reinforcement against corrosive water-borne substances
- Crystalline action is reactivated by contact with water providing dormant additional protection
- Effective against both positive and negative water pressure
- Non-toxic or tainting